Pages

Friday, September 09, 2005

September

September is not one of my favourite months. To say the truth, my feelings towards September verge on to hatred. There are various reasons why I have blacklisted this month, so let’s start……

As a child September always meant back to school. Not that I hated school, I just hated summer ending. Being brought up in St. Julian’s, I spent whole days at the Balluta pitch. The sea in September was never calm so no water polo games were played.

Then comes the weather. The sticky gloomy days of this month are a nightmare. No amount of washing will make you feel clean. This is Feeling-Sticky month!

To top it off, most people, after doing nothing the whole of August, feel that September is the right month to either start something new or catch up. Apart from a few new projects that I will be involved in, most clients that I could not get hold of or meet during August, have decided to contact me all on September first. I spent the last couple of weeks working more than 12 hours a day nearly every day. This situation repeats itself every September. (By the way, this is the reason I have not been blogging much lately)

And what about the name? I can forgive October, November and December for not being the eighth, ninth and tenth month respectively but I could never forgive September for not being the seventh. Why call yourself the seventh when you are ninth? This pretentious month is why October, November and December are confused. Its like being at the butcher’s. If you ask who is last and some ugly guy says “its me and I’m the seventh”, you assume that if you should be served after he is then you are eighth.

There were so many things that I wanted to blog about these couple of weeks but did not have the time. From Katrina’s devastation to Bush’s incompetence, from the new political movement ANR (which chose the Italian word Alleanza for the name of a nationalist movement!) to Malta’s third siege, that of Ta Qali. Well quite a busy month. I will try to catch up.

No comments: