Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Speeding Tickets

Today I stumbled across these two articles. The first was about a certain Mr. Bonello who argued that “In the absence of a certificate proving that the cameras at St Julian’s are calibrated,………… the authorities could not prove that the machine was correct when it issued his ticket.” Mr. Bonello managed not to be fined. The second was a reply by Dr. Ian Micallef describing how the “choice of the particular make of the speed cameras was reached after a long deliberation and was based on a number of important factors.”

It turns out that all speeding cameras installed on the Maltese islands are only calibrated by the manufacturer before coming to Malta. I understand that due to costs, it is quite difficult to have accredited Maltese labs to certify such equipment. What I do not understand is that if the claims of the Chairman of the Local Enforcement System Management Committee is correct than Mr. Bonello should have been fined. In fact he was not. So either the Sliema traffic tribunal was wrong or the Dr. Ian Micallef. In either case we have a problem.

12 comments:

unixlinux said...

Nice blog. Check out my wild cat blog.

Iravan said...

Weird. I always thought the Rettop Method was the best for generating traffic. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a houston traffic site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!

Iravan said...

Weird. I always thought the Rettop Method was the best for generating traffic. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a Traffic site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan so youmight like kennel cough treatment

maltese dog training said...

maltese dog trainingidea for your dog. If you're like most pet owners you don't want your dog peeing or pooping in your home. Sending you this linkhttp://maltesetrainer.com about maltese dog training for anyone that is having problems with their dogs. This is a simple idea that most people can use for their Doberman Pinchers. I don't want to get into a lot of detail about this simple idea for training your dog. Visit the web site if your tired of your dogs not listening to you.

Share the good links to great sites Please

beat speeding tickets said...

Hello Bertu ta l-Angli. I've been looking into this topic for a while on excuse speeding tickets and came across this site. Found it interesting even if this post wasn't a perfect match though it was close excuse speeding tickets that I was looking for. Good luck with building the site and blog - always good to have this type of information.

defend speeding tickets said...

Just found your site in my research on traffic tickes. Thanks for providing information on this post. Always looking for info like this for traffic tickes and found your site helpful. Best of success in growing the website.

Mr JaguarDriver said...

Hi Bertu ta l-Angli greetings from down under. I was searching for the latest information on speeding ticket , I can see how I landed on your page. While this post wasn't exactly what I was looking for. (I was after speeding ticket related stuff) I ejoyed reading your blog, I'll come back agin to read future posts. Take Care.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! clomid side affect Currency dinar exchange iraqi rate forex internet trading Flower supply craps 2006 lexus is350 http://www.243ohmcaraudioamplifier.info types of retirement plan flowers gifts Design ecommerce middlesex site web About levaquin Mortgage mortgages interest rates interest rates freddie mac http://www.poolesville-dental-insurance.info/Free-auto-insurance-books-business.html retirement planning 1952 cadillac restoration used craps tables sale Lincoln benefit life ins blonde chick european comfort spring air mattress lakewood set

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »