Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Apostasy

Thanks to a friend of mine, yesterday I learnt the meaning of a new word, Apostasy! I have also learnt that if you are an apostate, a schismatic or a heretic you usually need a Bishop to forgive your sins. But between Friday 30th March 2007 and Sunday 8th April 2007, a normal priest will do. Those of you who converted to a different religion and want to go back to Catholicism or lately tried to split the church, during the holy week your parish priest is enough to be absolved. If you do not believe me, have a look at http://www.maltachurch.org.mt/ . What’s interesting about this is that the Kurja also mentions those who have committed an abortion. And this makes me think.

I can understand that if such a statement was issued only in regards to abortion the Maltese church might sound too progressive. But since the new archbishop has taken office the church is sounding a little more compassionate and caring and a little less judgmental.


To stay on the same topic, below is a painting of tal-Mirakli church I finished lately. This church has a special meaning to me. It reminds me of a dear friend of mine who passed away some 15 years ago.


No comments: