Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Folon in Me

There are occasions in life when someone says or does something that changes you; or at least they change the way you see things. Way back when I was in my late teens or early twenties, (don't remember exactly but somewhere thereabout) my father was in need of a logo, urgently (or else he would not have asked me). Anyway, after giving my father the work, a few days later he came back with a note and a book. The book was Folon's Folon. Someone had seen my work and gave my father this book and note to be passed on to me.  The note, which today has completely  faded, was a comment of encouragement, of approval, telling me that my work was reminiscent to that of Folon. I still remember how I felt the first time reading it. It gave me courage and belief in myself. Those comments and the book thought me something that I never forgot, like Folon's birdmen, never be afraid to fly. 

Folon for Amnesty International Prisoners of Conscience Year 1977

The note was signed by the talented Kevin J. Drake, someone I knew who he was but never met. This person, without knowing me, took the time to write to me and encourage me and help me find a direction. 

Today Kevin suffers from M.E. & FM (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis & Fibro Myalgia) and he has something to say about it. Please read his article here http://josannecassar.com/something-to-say/living-in-constant-pain/ and share it with your friends. 

No comments: