Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Mużika Mod Ieħor


Lately I realized that I have been following Toni Sant's Mużika Mod Ieħor series for almost six years, since its inception, ie November 2005. In fact I had started blogging after following a number of blogs one of which was Toni's. Out of curiosity I went back to listening to the first few podcasts and loved that deja-vu feeling. I can still remember George Carlin in the the first edition kicking off the series


For those of you that don't know what Mużika Mod Ieħor is, or know  but have never listened to an edition, MMI is a series of 
To date, there are 272 editions and i have rarely missed an episode. I find the regularity and continuity of the series quite impressive. These podcasts, not only give you more than just a glimpse of what's happening in the local music scene but as a project, the collectivity of the individual editions, they are a work of art. As Toni himself would put it, a work in durational art. 


No comments: