Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Plans for 2012

This time of year, every year, I would be making sure that my plans for next 12 months are pretty much settled. Its not easy but when you are dealing with exhibition spaces and /or art galleries you have to. Most galleries have the coming few months, if not year or two, booked. So late bookings are not an option. Obviously you cannot have everything planned. Most things have to be decided at a much closer date to the actual event but at least the big stuff is decided.

So, my main events for the next year or so will be a solo exhibition of works in ink at  Capo Tavola that will open in a few days. Another solo exhibition at Gallery Pi in April 2012 and, as I already announced in an earlier post, a solo exhibition in London during the first half of October 2012.

Ink is a medium I find hard to abandon and I find myself revisiting quite often. The spontaneity, the suddenness, the working with 'mistakes' are few of the things that keep me coming back to ink. Hopefull my latest works tha I will exhibit at Capo Tavola will be well received.

The exhibition at Gallery Pi will be something completely new. These last few months I have been experimenting with a number of different media and working with different materials. A more three-dimensional kind of work is emerging, some things more conceptual than others. Gallery Pi would is the ideal place for such a collection.

For the exhibition in London, I am still at the planning stage. I am still working on a theme and researching my approach. But some ideas are already emerging. The city as a place of human interaction is a topic I would gladly explore. In these uncertain times, aiming the spotlight over human behaviour in these large mechanical containers we call cities might be interesting. Especially for someone like me who does not live in a big city like London. Now we'll see, there is still time.

There were another two projects that I wanted to work on but they depend on other factors. One is a collaborative project with a couple of other artists and the other is a retrospective exhibition by Bertu! my cartoonist alter ego. Both have to happen, if not in 2012, early 2013.


No comments: